Tips for a successful Advisor-Club Relationship
- The advisor should assist the officers in formulating and achieving long-term goals, and in planning and initiating short-term projects.
- Student officers should know the advisor will be available when emergency problems arise.
- It is important to develop a trusting relationship with the organization officers. So advisor and club members should respect each other.
- Have a sense of humor. If the advisor finds humor in situations the students should relax and enjoy their roles in the organization.
- Open communication is critical for a successful advisor-club relationship.
- The members should find the advisor able to assist with evaluation of projects, performance and progress.
- The advisor and the officers should discuss expectations of each other. This understanding and agreement is helpful as an accountability tool.