[Purchasing] [Purchasing Manual] Purchase Control System Status Codes
If you have a question on a purchase order, please check the status code of your request in PCS. This will help identify who has your purchase order. If you still have questions, call the extension listed behind the status codes below for assistance. The Purchasing Department cannot view any status under 050.
Some of the status codes you may see are:
- 000 - Data Entry Stage--Purchase order entry only.
- 020 - Insufficient Funds--Check your budget balance, submit a budget transfer if necessary and try again to release your request.
- 030 - Waiting for Authorization--Responsible person or Authorized authority required to approve purchase order.
- 050 - Released to the Purchasing Department--Purchasing will view your request in the order in which it was received. Questions call 8-4120.
- 100 - Awaiting Pre-Audit—Purchasing has reviewed your request but has not taken any action. Questions call 8-4120.
- 110 - Hold in Abeyance--Purchasing may be waiting for quotes or attachments which you indicated are being sent in the mail, or waiting for logo and/or printing approval from University Communications. Check memo for further information and who may be holding purchase order.
- 140 - Purchasing Director’s Decision--Purchase order request has been referred to the Purchasing director for further processing. Questions call 8-4788.
- 150 - Pre-Audit and Hold--Awaiting further processing--For IT pre-audit and approval of electronic devices, maintenance, consultant services, software licenses and other IT related purchases.
- 200 - For Local Bid Processing--May be in the process of obtaining quotes, sealed bids, off-campus printing bids through University Communications, Etc... Questions call 8-4001.
- 230 - Marked for Professional/Technical Contract—Purchasing is waiting for the Professional/Technical Contract forms. Questions call 8-3136.
- 250 - Marked for PO Processing--Pre-Audit complete but the purchase order is not yet printed, may be waiting for a batch printing process. Questions call 8-4120.
- 450 - Open Purchase Order--Purchase order has been printed. Questions call 8-4120. Invoice/Receiving payment questions: call 8-3135.
- 500 - Purchase Order Completed and Closed--The purchase order has been final paid.
- 9xx - Cancelled Purchase Order--See memo for possible explanation.