[Purchasing] [Purchasing Manual] Purchasing of $50,000 or more
If the amount of the purchase order is estimated as $50,000 or more, Purchasing will conduct a sealed bid process. If the purchase is from an approved state contract, only one written quote from that vendor referencing the state contract number is required.
- Enter your request through PCS with all specs, special requests and estimated amounts.
- Indicate in the memo a list of suggested vendors and their current addresses, e-mail addresses of vendor contact representative, phone and fax numbers.
- Reference the purchase order number on your attachments and/or additional specifications and send them to pre-audit in Purchasing.
- Release your request to the Purchasing Department (050 status.)
- The Purchasing Department will proceed with the bid process under the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities purchasing guidelines. (Your order will be at a 200 status until bid opening.)
- You can review the memo of your purchase order request for information regarding the upcoming bid opening date and other pertinent information as it becomes available.
- After the bid opening, the bid will be awarded, and the purchase order will be approved and printed (450 status).
- Purchasing will send the original printed purchase order to the Responsible Person for the account . Be sure to make a copy for your files.
If you pick up the order (or if your order was delivered or sent to you directly) BE SURE TO CALL RECEIVING @8-4713 so they can release the receiving copy. This is required before an invoice can be paid.