[Purchasing] [Purchasing Manual] Printing, Off Campus
All requests for printing off campus and requests for logos are entered into PCS. University Communications requires pre-approval on all printing and logo requests over $5000. Purchasing will verify funds are encumbered and forward a copy of the purchase request to University Communications to obtain quotes . If you have questions regarding printing policies and procedures, contact University Communications @ 8-3152.
- Enter your purchase order request through PCS using the suggested vendor number and suggested dollar amount provided by University Communications.
- Indicate in the memo you are working with University Communications.
- Release your request to the Purchasing Department (050 status).
- The Purchasing Department will pre-audit and submit a copy of the purchase request to University Communications for quotes and/or approval. This will put your purchase order in hold status (110 status).
- Once they are received, University Communications will approve the quotes and send them to pre-audit referencing the purchase order number so it can be immediately identified.
- Purchasing will review the quotes, make necessary PO changes, process and print the PO (450 status).
- The original purchase order will be sent to University Communications. University Communications will notify the department of approval, delivery instructions, etc., and forward the original purchase order to the department. Be sure to make a copy for your files before you mail, fax or phone in the order.
If you pick up the order (or if your order was delivered or sent to you directly) BE SURE TO CALL RECEIVING @ 8-4713 so they can release the receiving copy. This is required before an invoice can be paid.