Graduate Assistant Design Center & Marketing
DEADLINE: Friday March 22, 2013 4:00 p.m.
Graduate Assistant Atwood Memorial Center, Design Center & Marketing
Atwood Memorial Center, St. Cloud State University
August 12, 2013 – May 9, 2014 (contract renewal for second year, upon supervisor’s approval) – Position contingent on funding
20 hours per week, including some evening and weekend commitments.
$10,000.00 for academic year. In addition, both full-and part-time graduate assistants are eligible for paid tuition. The University will pay for up to eight credits of graduate tuition cost per semester (fall and spring), all student fees and any remaining tuition beyond the 8 credits or tuition remission must be paid by the student. All graduate assistants, both international and U.S. citizens, qualify for in-state tuition rates.
Copies Plus Design
- Assist with the selection, training, supervision and evaluation of the Copies Plus Designers
- Facilitate staff meetings for Copies Plus Designers
Marketing and Promotions
- Develop and implement strategies for marketing Atwood Memorial Center
- Generate press releases, articles, and radio spots for the local media
- Assist Atwood service areas with specific marketing/promotion projects
- Assist Atwood Conference Services in web based marketing of conferences and events
- Manage the Atwood Facebook page and assist in other social media marketing strategies
- Manage advertising sales for The Link: the academic planner for the university community
- Represent and assist with programming efforts as it relates to Atwood initiatives, such as Kick-Off, Celebrate! St. Cloud State, Mainstreet, Sidestreet, etc.
- Work on special projects as assigned by the Associate Director and Director
- Design and implement evaluation tools for Atwood events, activities, and services
- Seek sponsorships and donations from local businesses
- Event planning
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and admission to a related graduate program at St. Cloud State University
- Quality portfolio of graphic design work that demonstrates creativity and an understanding of design principles in Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Evidence of experience in advertising and promotions or special event planning
- Evidence of supervisory or leadership experience that includes work delegation and implementation of organizational systems, policies and procedures
- Evidence of excellent attention to detail and follow through skills
- Understanding of web based marketing concepts & website design
- Preference will also be given to applicants pursuing a degree related to Higher Education
A student must be, in good academic standing and be enrolled full-time each semester of the appointment. International students, as well as U. S. citizens and residents, are eligible to apply.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, MARCH 22, 2013:
Apply for the Atwood Memorial Center Design Center/Marketing Graduate Assistant Position by sending or emailing a letter of application, resume, and three references including names, addresses, and phone numbers to the address indicated below.
Atwood Memorial Center, Room #110
St. Cloud State University
720 Fourth Avenue South
St. Cloud, MN 56301-4498