DEADLINE: Wednesday February 27, 2013 4:00 p.m.
Job Title: Building Manager
Work Area: Atwood Memorial Center Administration
Supervisor: Associate Director, Atwood Memorial Center
Pay Rate: $8.50 per hour during training / probationary period
$9.80 per hour after training
Hours: 16-20 per week
Building Assistant Commitment: Required to work a total of 15 hours in the Building Assistant Program
Position Summary: The building manager provides leadership through the supervision of evening and weekend operations of Atwood Memorial Center. The position requires complete knowledge of building services, including the Information Desk, Copies Plus, the Underground, facility operations, building technology and the policies of Atwood Memorial Center. The building manager accounts for cash from daily operations, communicates issues to staff, manages emergency situations, and represents Atwood Memorial Center and St. Cloud State University in a leadership position by providing high quality customer service.
Position responsibilities include:
- Knowledge of all services (Information Desk, Copies Plus, The UnderGround, meeting spaces, technology)
- Supervision of student employees during evenings and weekends.
- Coordination of scheduled programs with the scheduling coordinator, account clerk, program personnel, general maintenance workers, and other full-time staff.
- Supervision of evening and weekend programs (films, banquets, conferences, dances, etc.).
- Disbursement, reconciliation, and security of operating cash funds for specified service areas.
- Open and close on weekends and secure the facility on weeknights.
- Represent Atwood Memorial Center and St. Cloud State University in a leadership role by providing quality customer service as well as being a resource for customers.
- Handle all emergency situations (medical, fire, etc.) within established procedures.
- Participate in weekly staff and building manager meetings.
- Work with full-time general maintenance staff in supporting Atwood operations. Supervise evening and weekend student building assistant staff in room setups and cleaning of Atwood Memorial Center.
- Responsible for communication in the building manager report documenting activities and problems
- Circulate through the building once per hour to ensure safety and security of the building.
- Work with Public Safety, Buildings & Grounds and other University departments during the evening and weekend hours.
- Communicate customer needs with food service managers and student managers.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits and have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Minimum of one year commitment
- Demonstrated leadership ability to supervise and guide others
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Cash handling experience
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of St. Cloud State, its programs, and its services
- Emergency management experience
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision
- Knowledgeable of computer technology that is used in Atwood
- Knowledge of Atwood Center: its purpose, its services, and how students use the building
Learning Outcome Statement: Atwood Memorial Center is committed to your development as a person and an employee. Atwood will work towards developing your skills related to communication, critical thinking and decision-making, social responsibility, professionalism, and leadership during your employment. To learn more about Atwood’s learning outcomes, please visit: http://stcloudstate.edu/atwood/
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Pick up an application packet in Atwood Memorial Center, Room #110;
2. Or complete Building Manager Application
3. A RESUME is required
4. Hand-deliver, e-mail, fax or mail completed application and resume to:
Atwood Room #110,
St. Cloud State University,
720 4th Avenue South,
St. Cloud, MN 56301;
Fax: (320) 308-5190,