Here are some Helpful Tips that will benefit you while in pursuit of your Bachelors degree at St. Cloud State University.
- Participate in student organizations and volunteer activities
to increase your employability.
- If you are undecided in your major begin developing a list of interests and skills you possess. Consult the St. Cloud State undergraduate bulletin and an advisor to learn more about fields that are in line with your career goals.
- Research scholarship opportunities, consult the Financial Aid office room 106 to help get you started.
- Meet with your advisor on a regular basis, don't hesitate to ask if you have questions.
- Most importantly HAVE FUN!
- Register with career services.
- Begin looking at internship opportunities (Career Services).
- Act quickly on internship opportunities.
- Develop a resume.
- Critique your resume with Career Services.
- Begin your job search and be sure to check out job opportunities at Career Services.
- Gather information on potential job opportunities and do research
on those companies that are of interest to you.
- Begin writing interest letters to companies.
- Polish your resume.
- Attend interview seminars.
- Register with career services if you haven't already.
- Actively begin your job search.
- Meet with your advisor to make sure you have met all of the
required course work for graduation.
- Consult Career Services for more job hunting advice.