Do you have questions about Transfer Credits?
If you have questions about whether or not St. Cloud State University has received your transcript(s),
please contact the Records
and Registration Office at 320-308-5112.
Understanding Transfer Credits
- The receiving college or university
decides what credits to accept and whether those credits meet degree requirements.
- Credits count in three categories: liberal
education (MnTC), major or minor courses, and university electives.
- The liberal
education program will be considered complete if you have completed
an Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree, the Minnesota
Transfer Curriculum (MnTC), or a Baccalaureate degree.
- Students transferring
technical credits from a technical college generally will transfer in a maximum
of 16 credits. If a student is transferring from a MnSCU Technical
College, the MnTC courses will be accepted for full credit in addition
to the 16 technical credits.
- Transfer of additional credits will be
based on a case-by-case evaluation. All credits that are accepted must be college level and a grade of “C“ or
higher, unless part of a completed A.A. degree or MnTC.
- Your Degree Audit Report shows how your
credits have been accepted at St. Cloud State University. Instructions on how to print your Degree Audit Report are mailed with your acceptance letter or can be found here. Please bring your Degree Audit Report with
you when you meet with an advisor.
- At your Advising Day, advisors will explain how to interpret your Degree Audit Report.
- Transfer evaluators from the Records and Registration Office, who prepare Degree Audit Reports, are also available to answer questions. In some cases, further evaluation of your courses may be required by faculty in the corresponding department. It is recommended that you save the course materials from your classes, especially the syllabus, which will aid in the evaluation the course(s).
- If you have reviewed your Degree Audit Report and feel that a course is missing or your total number of credits transferred does not seem correct, you can contact the Records and Registration Office at 320-308-2111 and ask to speak to a Transfer Evaluator.
Questions About Transfer Credits?
- If you have questions about whether St. Cloud State University has received your transcript(s), please contact the Office Records and Registration at 320-308-5112.
- Keep in mind if you have not had your most up-to-date transcript sent to SCSU then we will not have all of your classes. It is recommended to bring a copy of your current schedule or listing of all courses not yet transferred to SCSU (an official final transcript will need to be sent once the courses are complete). This will help the advisors give you the best advice possible in choosing your classes.
Course Equivalency Guides
- Course equivalency guides that show how courses transfer between MnSCU institutions are available on USelect Use the Guest Login then click on Equivalencies by School. Select St. Cloud State University under Step 1 and then type the name of the MnSCU school your course will transfer from under Step 2. Check the box to add that school and then click on Create Guide. You can then look up individual courses under their corresponding department to see how they will transfer.