Not sure of which major to choose?
Think Accounting . . . Think CPA
Accounting is a field which provides and analyzes financial and other information for effective decision making. Accounting requires not only technical knowledge and skill, but also sound judgment along with good interpersonal and communication skills. Some roles an accountant may play are: independent auditor, tax advisor, internal auditor, managerial accountant and business advisor.
- Currently there is a shortage of high quality accounting professionals
- Top graduating accounting majors typically have multiple job offers upon graduation
- Starting salaries are approximately $50,000
...Think Herberger Business School at St. Cloud State University
The Accounting Department in the Herberger Business School at St. Cloud State University is one of the top programs in the Midwest.
- High quality, nurturing faculty
- High CPA examination pass rate
A minimum ACT of 24 and High School Rank in the top 15% are usually required to be successful in the SCSU accounting program.