News and Announcements
Every St. Cloud State team member finished in the top three at the Minnesota Collegiate DECA career development competition Feb. 25-26 in Mankato.
- Chad Robinson (Accounting Major, St. Cloud) and Aaron Stanga (Accounting Major, Excelsior) earned first and third, respectively, in accounting and teamed to take second in sports and entertainment marketing.
- Kelsey Jones (Sartell) was first in human resources management.
- Alexa Dieterichs (Ramsey) won second in advertising campaign.
- Mo Osable (St. Cloud), vice-president elect of Minnesota Collegiate DECA, teamed with Robinson and Stanga to take second in finance academy challenge.
All are slated to compete in the Collegiate DECA International Career Development Conference April 23-26 in Washington, D.C.. Craig H. Wilson, assistant professor of accounting, was recognized as the state's top chapter advisor.
Minnesota Collegiate DECA has more than 40 chapters statewide.
Collegiate DECA prepares students for careers by integrating classroom skills with real-world experiences. The student-driven organization puts an entrepreneurial focus on five academic areas:
- Marketing and sales
- Arts, communications and technology
- Business management and administration
- Finance and accounting
- Hospitality and tourism
<< Previous | Next >>