University Facts & Stats
- 99% of chemical dependency graduates employed
- $122 million in scholarships, grants and loans
- 32 Education Abroad programs
- Top 3% of the most affordable universities in Forbes' "America's Top Colleges" ranking
- Chemical Dependency Counselor
- Marriage/Family Counselor
- School Counselor
- Addictions Counselor
- Behavior Analysis Specialist
- Community Counselor
Connect With Us
When you study chemical dependency and addiction counseling at St. Cloud State you learn to help people at the toughest crossroads of their lives. Our classes and field work experiences introduce you to the best ways to help those with alcohol, tobacco, drug and gambling additions and eating disorders. Your experiences in service learning, coursework, field work and internship situations will teach you to develop individual treatment plans. You'll learn assessment, early intervention and prevention methods for individuals, families and groups that will prepare you for private and public work in chemical dependency.
- Courses that prep for Minnesota Licensed Addictions and Drug Counselor (LADC) licensure.
- Programming leads toward graduate degrees in counseling or psychology programs.
- Career-preparation for work in hospitals, community mental health centers, treatment centers and schools.
- Our program meets the academic requirements for Chemical Dependency Counselor Licensure.
- St. Cloud State's Alcohol Diversion Program earned the Association of Student Conduct Administrators' (ASCA) 2013 Innovative Program of the Year award.
- Community Psychology Club
- Students Taking Action in Recovery and Service (STARS)
- Students for Health
- Master of Science (M.S.)
- Graduate Certificate
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) program
- Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst (BCaBA) program