Major Minor Online Courses
University Facts & Stats
- 25-year history of residential math-science-computer camps targeting underserved youth
- 1 of 56 Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) winners
- $4.8 million HD TV broadcasting renovation
- 32 Study Abroad programs
- 2012 tobacco-free campus instituted
- Top 3% of the most affordable universities in Forbes' "America's Top Colleges" ranking
- Physician Assistant
- Medical Technician
Connect With Us
Students who choose a course of study that will lead to an eventual career as a physician assistant will work with a dedicated adviser to customize a program that increases their chance of admission to a licensing program. You'll build a foundation for the education and training it will take to practice medicine under a physician's supervision and conduct exams, diagnose and treat illnesses, order and interpret tests, assist in surgical procedures, counsel patients on preventive health care issues, and write prescriptions.
- Well-rounded program of natural sciences, humanities, human development, social sciences, statistics and medical terminology courses.
- Completion of a comprehensive major or major/minor combination highly recommended.
- Assigned faculty adviser assists with course selection and preparation for competitive admissions requirements of professional schools.
- Smart classrooms, technology-enhanced lecture halls and advanced laboratories in the updated Robert H. Wick Science Building, the center for most pre-professional programs.
- New anatomy and physiology suite in a remodeled Wick Science Building is open weekdays.
- A Human Performance Lab with advanced equipment and an international reputation of excellence.
- High success rate in admission to professional schools.
- Chemistry program is approved by the American Chemical Society.
- $126,000 2014 National Science Foundation grant for research on aquatic ecosystems in Chicago's waterways.
- Emphasis on science and technology that includes completion of $45 million Integrated Science & Engineering Laboratory Facility (ISELF), $14.5-million addition to Robert H. Wick Science Building and $13.6-million renovation of Brown Hall completed within the past five years.
- Earth Day Half Marathon draws thousands interested in healthful activity to the campus annually.
- Health-focused campus activities such as UChoose, Relay for Life and Students for Health.
- Biology Club
- Medical Professions Association
- Chemistry Club