Welcome to the Higher Education (HIED) homepage!
You will find this one-stop site invaluable as you seek program information or consider pursuing a Master of Science (MS) or Doctor of Education (EdD) degree in Higher Education Administration. Faculty members in the HIED programs are always looking for bright, motivated students who are committed to serving our nation’s colleges and universities in leadership capacities.
We invite you to explore our site to discover how a St. Cloud State University graduate education can work for you in achieving your educational and career goals. Please contact us if you have questions or need any clarifications.
- The program offers an education abroad opportunity to discover Universities in Italy;
- SCSU is ranked in the top 4% most affordable among Forbes’ America’s Top Colleges;
- A diverse cohort approach allows students to foster a learning community and a valuable professional network;
- SCSU is a prestigious, accredited institution with a state-of-the-art library that assists students in their coursework and research;
- Our practitioner-focused curriculum is designed to serve working professionals through weekend, evening, and summer courses; . Each course is typically completed in three weekends.
- The program offers job placement and career promotion assistance;
- Students receive personalized attention from accomplished faculty members with successful field experience;
- 99% of HIED students without a job received experience and financial assistance as graduate assistants;
- Students come from all around the world including many Fulbright scholars.
- Doctoral students select their own dissertation research topic they are passionate about that is appropriate for their field. Students select their advisor and committee members that best fit their research.
- Masters students participate in a practicum experience to apply acquired knowledge in a functional area of higher education in a college or university setting