The Academic Learning Center's (ALC) mission: provide study and reading assistance to St. Cloud State students to help them become more efficient and effective learners.
We offer assistance in these ways:
We offer two 2-credit classes that have an instructional computer lab component as part of their academic program, COLL 110, Reading and Study Strategies, and COLL 120, Power Reading.
- Tutor Program
We offer individual tutoring in general study strategies, time management, and test taking, as well as subject tutoring for some general education courses. Academic Learning Center Tutoring is now open. Please check our Spring 2014 Tutor Schedule for tutor availability. The schedule is arranged in alphabetical order by subject.
- There are two ways to arrange a tutoring appointment:
- Online at https://tutor.stcloudstate.edu. Log in with your StarID and password.
- Check in with the person at the front desk in CH 236.
- Email email@example.com with questions or concerns about using the tutor scheduling system.
- If we do not have a tutor for a subject you need, please fill out an ALC Tutor Request Form and bring it to CH 236, or copy and paste the information on the form into an email, fill it in, and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that some departments, for example, ECC Math and Biology, have their own tutors, and they should be contacted directly for tutoring services.
- Tutor Training
We offer tutor training for peer tutors across campus. See our current schedule for training times and topics.
- Assistance with general study strategies
Students wanting help with general study strategies, such as time management, reading academic texts, note-taking, test preparation, and test anxiety, can arrange one-on-one appointments with a Graduate Assistant. Stop in to Centennial Hall 211B to sign up for an appointment in person or schedule online here: Online Booking. This is also the place to make an appointment if you need to make up work in your COLL 110 or COLL 120 class. Email any questions to